Restoration is the actual replacement of missing material, employing the original techniques of manufacture. Reweaving, re-knotting, and re-stitching of textiles such as tapestries, rugs, quilts and samplers is available.
- Cleaning (mechanical / wet / dry)
- Removal/reduction of stains and discolouration
- Flattening / decreasing distortions of the fabric;
- Consolidation / restoration of degraded or missing parts;
- Consolidation of partial / total fabric by sewing on a new support;
- Restoring the gaps in the fabric using the original technique of the item / repairing gaps using the bed wire method;
- Setting up the display / storage of textile piece.